Tis the season for picnics in the sunshine.. and these are perfect for you and your little one's to make to bring add to your feast!
This recipe got so much great feedback from the mum's who bought their little one's to my class and several had made them again throughout the week.. and I don't blame them.. I made myself an extra batch to keep in the fridge and definitely enjoyed scoffing them at lunch times!
They are so simple and your little chef will enjoy rolling the pastry and squiding the mixture into sausage shapes
(plus they will keep in a container in the fridge for up to 3 days)
This makes rather a lot of sausage rolls (24) so feel free to half or you can make a batch & freeze for another date
YOU WILL NEED
1 X 320G Pack of puff pastry
200g Mature cheddar (grated)
50g breadcrumbs (you can just blitz 1 piece of bread)
4 spring onions, chopped
2 tbsp double cream
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of paprika
1 egg, whisked
1) Preheat the oven to 200C
2) Roll out pastry & cut into long strips
3) In a large bowl mix together the cheese & breadcrumbs and mix
4) Add spring onions, cream, black pepper & paprika & mix well
5) Use your hand and squash the mixture into small sausage shapes
6) Put the 'sausage' at the end of the pastry strip & roll up, squeezing the end to secure the roll
7) Paint with milk
8) Cook for 15 minutes until golden
These are yummy warm or cold!!