This Mary Berry recipe is great to do with your little ones. They love adding and mixing all the ingredients together as well as decorating them.. turning them into beautiful butterflies at the end.
WHAT TO DO:
1) Preheat the oven to 180C. Add the butter and sugar and cream together
2) Add the eggs into the bowl and mix together
3) Sieve the flour and baking powder into the bowl & mix well
4) Add the orange zest and mix well
5) Spoon the mixture into 12 cupcake cases and bake for 15 minutes
6) Meanwhile mix the butter & icing sugar together to make the icing.
7) Let the cakes cool and cut a circle out of the middle of each cupcake. Cut the circle in half.. these will be the wings of the butterflies.
8) Add a teaspoon of orange curd into the hole of each cake. Then add a teaspoon of icing sugar onto of the curd
9) Add the 'wings' and sprinkle with extra icing sugar to make it extra pretty
Why stop at the cakes.. Butterfly is a fantastic theme and you can have lots of fun with it..