I'm not going to even try and get away with this being even a little bit healthy.. there is nothing healthy about this recipe but I do promise you this is SO DELICIOUS! With chocolate everywhere.. this has definitely been my favourite so far!
Perfect for a halloween treat for your little ones by adding wiggly worms (Strawberry laces).. but this is so good you could even make it for bigger tums to impress your friends at a dinner party!
This recipe is to make 1 large cheesecake in a 20cm cake tin. To make little one's, buy plastic cups and get crafty cutting off the tops to make little pots for little tums, and simply divide the mixture up.
YOU WILL NEED:
For the base
100g oreo biscuits
50g melted butter
For the filing:
200g belgian white chocolate
300ml Double cream
300g Full fat cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
100g Milk chocolate
1) Line your 20cm round cake tin in baking paper (bottom and sides)
2) To make the base, crush your oreos until there are no large bits(your little one can have lots of fun doing this. We put our oreos in a bowl and used the end of a rolling pin to crush it)
3) Mix in your melted butter
4) Press your butter/ oreo mixture into the bottom of the tin, squashing it down using the back of a spoon. Put this in the fridge whilst you make your filing.
5) Put double cream, cream cheese & vanilla extract into a large bowl and whisk (You may need to run off to use your electric whisk. The consistency should be thick enough that it holds on a spoon.)
6) Melt white chocolate using a bowl siting over a pan of hot water (the water should have just boiled and now taken off the heat). Don't let it get too hot.
Once melted let it cool before adding it to your mixture and whisk again until combined.
7) Spoon a 3rd of the mixture on top of your biscuit base and return it back to the fridge.
8) Meanwhile melt the milk chocolate. Let this cool and add it to the remaining mixture, leaving a couple of tablespoons of chocolate spare.
9) Take your cake out of the fridge and add the rest of the mixture, smoothing it down with a back of a spoon.
10) You can now use your spare melted milk chocolate to pouring over the top, making lines ontop of your cheesecake (this will cool and make a yummy contrast against the soft cheesecake!)
11) Crush 75g oreos & sprinkle ontop of your cheesecake and return to the fridge for 2 hours.
** To make it a yummy halloween special you can add worm sweets or strawberry laces to make it look like there are wiggly worms trying to escape!! **