What could be more fun than recreating your family in ginger bread form! In my photos I just did one of the same size as unfortunately my different sized cutters hadn't arrived in time; but for my class with the LITTLE CHEF'S they used different sized cutters, as well as a dog, to create yummy gingerbreads of their families.
This is a great recipe for little hands as once the dough is made they love to roll it & squish it (just like playdough), and of course after the cookies have been cooked and cooled your little one's can get creative using icing pens, chocolate chips and raisins!
YOU WILL NEED:
300 g plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
125 g unsalted butter
100 g soft light brown sugar
3 tablespoons golden syrup
1) Preheat the oven to 180C
2) Get your little one's to add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger, cinnamon & nutmeg into a bowl & mix.
3) Meanwhile big hands need to melt the butter, sugar & golden syrup in a pan over a low heat, string until the sugar dissolves.
4) Pour into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix together until it forms a dough.
5) Roll the dough into a ball & put onto a floured surface
6) Let your little one's roll to around 5mm thick, cutting out your family members & carefully putting them on a sheet of baking paper.
7) Cook for 12 minutes & leave to cool.
8) Once cool your little one's can get creative with the icing!
jamie oliver recipe