We are allowed to be a little bit naughty sometime.. right? And surely Easter is the time to stuff yourself with chocolate.. so if your looking for something abit different to a plain old chocolate egg, these are for you.
Ofcourse they can be cooked and eaten anytime of the year.. now I've found this recipe I know it will definitely be making an appearance at my house more often than it should!
For a treat for your little one cut them into bite size pieces so it's not too much for them...
YOU WILL NEED:
For the brownies
100g unsalted butter
100g plain chocolate
50g plain flour
25g cocoa powder
2 medium eggs
150g golden caster sugar
For the icing
100g softened butter
170g icing sugar
50g cocoa powder
1 tbspn of milk
WHAT TO DO:
1) Preheat the oven to 180C
2) Break the chocolate into small pieces into a heat proof bowl & add butter. Melt in microwave, do short bursts & mix until the chocolate & butter has melted.
3) Whilst the chocolate melts put the eggs & sugar into a different bowl and mix until it thickens.. this should take about 3 minutes of mixing.
4) Add the melted chocolate and slowly stir until mixture in combined
5) Sift flour & cocoa powder & stir until mixture is combined
6) Add chocolate chips
7) Line a 20cm square tin with baking paper & pour in mixture
8) Cook for 20minutes. Check it is cooked through.
9) Let it cool & cut into small squares
10) Mix icing ingredients together. Decorate with icing & mini eggs.